Friday started off a little rough. I still wasn’t been able to sleep much, so the day began with 2 hours of sleep, since I had to be up at 4:30 to head to the airport. Upon getting to the airport, I found out my flight was delayed, and I was going to miss my connecting flight. I was then going to have a layover in Cleveland for 5 hours. Then they switched me to Delta, so I could fly from Atlanta to Columbus, but then the flight to Atlanta was going to be delayed. Somehow, they got things back on schedule, so I should make it to Columbus by 11:30. A few hours later than I hoped, but, life goes on! Ironically enough, I’m pretty sure it would have been faster if I had just driven. But, let’s focus on the positives!
1. Delta had vegan cookies on their flight!
How cute is that? I found the coke napkin entertaining too.
Pretty sure the people next to me thought I was crazy for snapping pictures of the airplane cookies… Oh well!
2. I have a whole week off work! It’s going to be great to catch up with friends, I really can’t wait! I’m also looking forward to have some time to get back into running. Now that I’m Hitting the Weights I haven’t been very consistent on running. I have plenty of excuses for why I haven’t been running… but none of them are that good. I downloaded some really good new music, so I think that should keep me motivated. In fact, I love my playlist so much, I made a playlist page. I would LOVE more song suggestions. So head over to the page and leave me your favorite song!
3. I’ve got a whole week to convince my dearest father that there is more to life than just meat and potatoes But hey, I like a challenge!
4. While we’re on a roll with the positives, life is great. I’m truly blessed with the wonderful people I’ve been able to surround myself with. I’m really amazed at how quickly I have an entire network of people in Richmond that are there for me. (There’s Carrie, who graciously offered her suitcase when I realized I didn’t have one, there’s Nirali who took me to the ER when I sliced my hand open with an x-acto knife last week, and Robbie, who took me to the tow truck place when my car got towed. The list could go on forever!)
5. This trip seemed like a good time to try a few “travel size” snacks!
Stop and take a moment to count your blessings. I think you’ll be surprised how many you can count Now, I’m off to go spend some time with family!